Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Exploding Pants, instincts, and plans B and C. Part I.

Let me set the stage for you.

I'm a bigger guy.  And I weigh more than I look...or so everybody tells me.  I'm 5'8 with a 38-40 inch waist...well, a 38-40 inch rear end...my waist is smaller... and its sort of hard for me to find blue jeans.  I found the absolute perfect pair of bluejeans at Kohls a few weeks back.

Well, as many of you know, I do photography.  I was at ETBU on Saturday taking basketball pictures.  I spent most of the women's game running from the court to the top of the bleachers, adjusting camera flashes and such.

Another thing about me... I sweat like a crazy maniac.  I was seriously asked to leave the workout room at ETBU once between my cario and my weight lifting because I was too sweaty.

So, I'm hot and tired and sweaty by the end of the women's game.  It ends, and I get ready to jump back into the stands to change batteries and reposition the flashes again, when it happend.  You see, sweat and blue jeans that are tight around the thighs are not a great combination to begin with.  Couple that with attempting to step from the ground onto the 3rd bleacher and... well... RIP!  A six inch rip in the inseam, from the middle of the crotch down towards my leg.  Luckily, I was wearing dark blue boxer briefs, but I had to evacuate the gym as quickly as possible.

What did I do?  Find out tomorrow!

0 comments :

Post a Comment