Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What a Summer (still 3 weeks to go)!

Summer.  Sweltering heat.  Unbearable humidity.  Sweat rolling down every crevace of my body.  Little rain.  This is what is upon us.

I owe all 3 of my readers an apology.  Summer hit me hard for some reason.  Its been EXACTLY 3 months since I've blogged last.  There is no excuse.  I am ashamed.  What have I been doing with my time?

We've done 3 youth gatherings a week for the bulk of our summer.  We had camp and vacation back to back.   We had an 8 day mission trip, 2 kids birthday parties, trips to the water park, movie nights, game days... It feels like the days I'm actually in the office, I can only barely catch up.  I've only taught 3 times this summer on Wednesday nights!...oh, and lots of nights watching the Dallas Mavericks win the NBA championship and the Texas Rangers dominating the (admittedly weak) AL West.

My wife and kids are also home during the summer.  I've got to spend a lot of time with them.  If this takes away from my blogging time, I'm ok with that.  The beginning of the new school year is right around the corner.  It seems that everything gets back in the groove when the school year starts.

I'm actually about to have a bit of a changeup thrown into my routine.  I start ETBU's Masters program on August 22nd.  My blissful year of no school is at an end.  Its a Masters of Arts in Religion...a measly 30 hour program.  I can do this, yeah!

So, what I'm really saying is that I'm back and better than ever!  Look out world!

0 comments :

Post a Comment